One of the common concerns we hear from our patients is, “I would love to get LASIK surgery, but I don’t have extra time to take off work for recovery.”
It is actually not true at all that LASIK recovery takes a while. In fact, most of our patients return to work the very next day. The time between the very first steps in the LASIK process and seeing 20/20 is miniscule, requiring very little time.
Here is the general LASIK timeline:
- The first thing we do is conduct a thorough evaluation (it is also free). We’ll take a look at your eyes, conduct a full dilated eye exam, and talk through the different types of LASIK to decide on the best fit for you.
- We will schedule a time for the procedure, usually within a couple of weeks of your first consultation.
- If you are a contact lens wearer, then you would ideally wear your glasses 3 days prior to the examination, as contacts can potentially warp the cornea. So for those three days before, steer clear of contacts.
- On the day of your procedure, you come to our office. You may either come with a friend or use our transportation concierge service.
- The LASIK procedure only takes about ten minutes.
- After the procedure, patients sit up and can typically see the clock across the room. Although we require our patients drive with someone just to be safe, many have good enough vision to drive home after the procedure.
- The following day, at the first post-op LASIK examination, you will most likely see 20/20. In fact, the majority of our patients drive themselves to that appointment.
No time at all. It’s much easier than you might think.
We also offer Saturday hours at our Garden City location, so you could see perfectly by Sunday and be back to work on Monday. We even have a FastTrack option where you can conduct your evaluation on the same day and save yourself a trip to the office.
Interested in some other LASIK resources?
- Save $1500 on LASIK before 10/31/13.
- What is Lasik?
- Cost, Financing, and Insurance
- Schedule a Consultation